Pages

Labels

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Chicken Wrapped Asparagus Recipe


So, I saw this recipe on Pinterest the other day which looked so good that it inspired me to make my own version of it.
I really enjoyed it and I hope you do as well!

Ingredients:
  • Balsamic Vinegar (1-2 tablespoons)
  • 1 bunch of asparagus
  • 1 tablespoon of garlic
  • Coconut or olive oil
  • 4 chicken breasts
  •  Mrs. Dash garlic and herb seasoning
  • Shredded mozzarella or Parmesan cheese
  • Italian seasoning
  • Salt and pepper
Directions:
  1. Sautee asparagus with a little bit of coconut oil (or olive oil) and garlic.  When it starts to get tender, drizzle some balsamic vinegar over it and continue to cook for a few minutes.  Set aside.
  2. Preheat oven to 375 and spray a 9 x 13in pan with Pam or some equivalent
  3. Pound chicken breasts thin (about 1/2 in) and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic and herb seasoning on both sides
  4. Place 1/4 of the asparagus onto a chicken breast, sprinkle with cheese to taste, roll the chicken up, and place in the pan
  5. Shake some Italian seasoning onto the top of the chicken breasts once all are in the baking dish.
  6. Put in the oven for approximately 25-35 minutes (this really varies though depending on how thin you pounded your chicken) so just check and make sure the inside is cooked (160/165 degrees on a meat thermometer)

So there you have it! I served it with some yummy organic quinoa.

I hope you love this too! Leave me a comment if you like it, or if you make your own version! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment